Taking the Temperature of the Residential Cooling and Heating Market
Actionable insights into the air conditioning market for building your business.
Growing your market share in this competitive environment requires actionable insights into what is driving decision making at the household level, and how your brand and products are positioned in the market.
How your business will benefit from this study
- Brand Positioning. How does your brand’s performance compare to competitors?
- Market Share. What is your market share at the category and system level?
- Segmentation. Which market segments are your source of growth?
- Growth. Which markets can provide future growth?
- Competitor Intelligence. Who are your real competitors and why do consumers choose them?
- Marketing. Is your marketing getting cut-through?
Insights from this study will provide you and your team with the right knowledge to create more effective marketing strategy and communication material, provide input into product development and show your leadership to installers and trade.
After the benchmark study, each year the study will provide you with insights on the market is changing and what is driving trends in brand choice.
The markets and brands covered in the study
- Installation Type. Ducted, split system, window mounted, and portable
- System Type. Reverse cycle, evaporative cooling, fan, gas and electrical heating
All major brands with either cooling and, or heating products are included in the study to provide a complete understanding of the market.
Insight areas covered by the study
- Current type of system and installation
- Age of system
- Usage and performance satisfaction
Brand Positioning and Profile
- Brand share of category and comparable systems
- Preference share
- Brand health – awareness, consideration, image
- Recent campaign awareness
Decision Making Criteria
- System purchase intentions
- Purchase trigger
- System and brand level decision criteria
- Impact of climate change and environment on decision making and usage
Market Segmentation and Buyer Profiles
- Analysis by market segments
- Demographic profile
- Dwelling profile
- Household energy sources (gas, solar)
The reports that you will receive
- Infographic overview report
- Category and Brand report
- Dynamic dashboard report
- Presentation cover analysis and business implications
To address specific business needs, the Category and Brand reports would include a bespoke analysis.
About the data
The post-summer study is planned for March and the post-Winter study is planned for August. This post-season study design provides a clear picture of what buying was undertaken during the season, the impact marketing and seasonal factors, an any plans for between season installations by the market.
Contact Eris Strategy to find out more about this report and how we can support your business.
To download a pdf copy of the report and study information click this link: Australian Residential Cooling and Heating Market Study.